Thursday, April 24, 2008

What the PUKE?!!

I havent died or anything but somedays it feels like it. I have been extremely sick. I knew I would be. I was sick with Mikaila but last time I didnt have a 19 month old running around the house. This time it seems much worse. Two week ago I had to go to the hospital and have iv's of fluid because I was so dehydrated and now I am on Zofran the cadillac of anti nausea/vomiting medication (they give this to chemo patients for heaven sake) It works Great with the vomiting but the nausea is still here, somedays it is too much to bear. Most days you will find me curled up on the floor of the playroom in my pjs. You will most definitly find Mikaila somewhere in the house, running crazy or watching Barney over and over and over again. But hey only 3-4 more weeks of this (fingers crossed) and we are in the second trimester. I can see the light at the end of my dark, dark tunnel.

8 comments:

mahina said...

i'm sorry it is so bad! at least you aren't doing the vomiting with the medicine! are you up for the triathlon next weekend??

let's hope it ends once you enter the 2nd trimester!

Darilyn said...

Oh my goodness. How terrible that you are having to endure this. I've been wondering how you were doing. I can see not so good. Darn.

ciara said...

I was wondering how you deal with pregnancy and another child, I can tell it's not going so well. Good thing Mikaila will never remember the good old babysitter Barney. Do me a favor stay out the hospital and feel better, and here's to the 2nd trimester!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry! I will have to come over and take Mikaila to the park or something!! Get some rest, call me if you need anything!

Karen said...

Congrats to you .. how fun to have a new little one on the way. Not so fun right now I guess, but here's to feeling better soon :)

brenda said...

Oh, Mandy. Sorry it's been so rough. I felt like that so many times, like the situation was just insane. Mikaila is probably loving the extra Barney-time though, so don't beat yourself up about that. But say, if you think she'd let us take her for an afternoon we'd love it. We're just down the street and didn't know you were suffering. Hope you feel better soon and please let us help if we can!

Sarah said...

Sorry you have been so sick. I"m crossing my fingers with you that it will be over soon.

Niki Betterton said...

Hey! Keegan and I saw your blog from Bridgets, and Mikaila is getting so big. She is adorable. Also wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! Hope you feel better.