Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sacred Grove

I wanted to share with you one of the things I was able to experience on my travels with Mikael. When we passed through Palmayra NY we were able to stop at the Sacred Grove and see Joseph Smiths house and walk through the sacred grove. It was very beautiful. To be honest I didnt even know where it was located but my mom and me had talked about it just before I left to be with Mikael. She told me about a lady in her ward who went and gathered leaves that had fallen from the trees and dried them and framed them with this saying,

A pillar of light

young Joseph in

a grove of trees

Found out when he was

on his knees

His Father in Heaven cared.

So I gathered leaves for my mom and me and we are making momentos from this breathtaking experience. I hope that if you ever travel through Palmayra NY you take the time and visit the Sacred Grove...











No comments: