Friday, November 14, 2008

Isaak Mathew Luman

He is finally here...Isaak Mathew Luman made his debut on Tuesday November 11, 2008 at 7:34 pm. He weighs 8 pds. 5 oz. and is 19 3/4 inches long. I am definitely one proud mama!!
I had a dr appt at 11:30am on Tuesday and she scraped my membranes I then started having contractions every 10 minutes after that. Then by 2pm they were 5minutes apart so by 4pm we checked into the hospital by 5pm they checked me I was dialated to a 7 almost 8 and was still handeling the contractions great so I wanted to wait to get my epidural. By 7pm the pain was almost too much to handle and I thought I'm done get me an epidural so the dr checked me I was dialated to a 9.5 so she broke my water and at 7:34pm he was here and I had made it without getting an epidural.

YEAH!!! I know that is silly but I wanted to be able to say I did it natural, no drugs and now I can. Honestly I am so proud of myself!!! And no stitches down below! I think this body was made to have babies! Now that I'm done with the gory details here is the little man...


Look at all that hair


getting ready to take him home from the hospital


dressed in his "Going Home" outfit

10 comments:

Sara said...

He is so so cute! Congrats! I love the newborn stage so cuddly and fun to hold.

Bridget said...

Wow amazing no epidural! That is so cool. He is so cute! I can't believe he is here. I bet you are so happy. You are such a good mommy. I am so happy for you.

Darilyn said...

I was so excited when I saw there was a new post from you. And you didnt disappoint. He is so beautiful. I can't wait to see him. And I'm guessing that your recovery is going to go pretty smoothly. Man, if all of our deliveries could go like that I'd guess we'd have more children! I"m so happy for you and your family.

Rachael said...

Congratulations!! I not one to take a stand on no drugs, but I had Samantha with out an epidural and there is something about knowing you can do it. When Cason came around Jeff asked if I wanted to do it again, I said NO WAY. Isaak is so cute. I love the hair. How exciting. You sound like you are doing great too. I am so happy for your growing family.

ciara said...

He's adorable!! and that little outfit is to. I'm amazed there is no way I could do it without drugs. I'm glad everything went so well and fast! Can't wait to see him, wish I was there!! CONGRATS

Sarah said...

OOOOH he's so cute!! I"m so glad he's here. I just knew it would happen while Lane was gone. He had my computer too. : (

I"m glad you didn't have to wait any longer for him to come! Good job with no epideral. How are the older kids dealing? How are you feeling?

Niki Betterton said...

We are so glad everything went well! He is adorable!! Congrats!

Michelle Clausen said...

He's just adorable, congratulations!

mahina said...

yay! he is here, and early too! i love when a baby comes early! i've been waiting for this post! i knew it would be coming soon!

congrats!

and you know me, i am all about going natural! way to go! you SHOULD be proud of yourself! my recovery with kawena was amazingly fast because i had NO tearing or stitches! it makes a HUGE difference! love him up for me!

i am hoping that he is a better sleeper than mikaila was! how is she adjusting?

i wish i could be there to hold him! miss you!

Brian and Stephanie Wood said...

Congrats! He's beautiful