Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Long overdue update!!








A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. Christmas has come and went, new years is the past and my 30th Birthday is right around the corner.
Mikaila also danced in her first dance recital. She was so cute performing she did a great job! A few days before we left for Utah we had an early christmas with Pearce and Nana and Papa. They gave all the kids pajamas and books. They all LOVED them!! We traveled to Utah for Christmas this year and since Santa has so much to bring we drove, 14 hours in the car with two kids is something I do not recommend! This was Isaak first long car ride and lets just say we won't be doing that for a long time!!
We had a great holiday season baking, decorating, shopping and celebrating Christ. A few of our activites included Black Friday shopping (thanks Lynette for going with me) there is something about waking up at 4am to go shopping. Ice skating in Sherwood with friends, decorating our house and tree, it took me over 4 hours to do just the tree! building and destroying the gingerbread house, lights at temple square, dinner with friends (without kids) and baking cookies for Santa. I took Mikaila to the mall to see Santa and she asked him for a dollhouse and he told her he'd bring her one, good thing to know the day before Christmas. Needless to say Santa followed through...barely! We had a great Christmas with family and friends. One tradition is Christmas Eve at my mom's house. She moved back to Utah in September and we stayed at her new place with her. Every year gets better watching my children faces light up as bright as the tree. Christmas morning we went to Mikael's sisters house for breakfast then drove to Evanston, WY to spend sometime with my dad. My parents are divorced and it has been 15 years since I have seen my dad on Christmas day. We had a great visit and Mikaila got to see the horses. She can't wait to ride them in the summer.
As for my birthday well that's tomorrow. Look for a new post coming soon ;)

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

Your kids are adorable and getting so big. Happy Birthday my friend!

Ciara said...

happy b-day!!!! Glad you were able to put up with the drive of 14 hours we loved seeing ALL of you at christmas! and that family and friends days evened out :) Your kiddos are adorable and sure made a haul from Santa!

Amy said...

OK I am so sad we didn't see you when you were here in Utah. Where was I at!!! Hope to see you next time you are in town.

Amy said...

...and HAPPY HAPPY Birhtday!